Have you been hearing suspicious scurrying sounds in the walls or finding chewed-up items around your home? If so, you may be dealing with rodents. The thought of rats or mice in your living spaces can be unsettling, but familiarizing yourself with the telltale signs can leave you better equipped to address the issue promptly. In this section, we’ll explore the common signs of rodents in your home.
What are the Signs of a Rodent Infestation in Your Home?
When it comes to identifying a rodent infestation in your home, it’s usually one of these signs that they commonly leave behind:
- Rodent droppings: Dark and moist, rodent droppings can often be found near food sources, such as in kitchen cabinets, pantries, and under furniture.
- Gnawed holes: Rodents’ teeth never stop growing. They manage this continuous growth by constantly chewing and will gnaw through wood, plastic, and other materials.
- Nesting material: Rodents build their nests out of shredded paper, fabric, and any other materials they can find. These nests are often located in attics, basements, and other low traffic areas of your home.
- Smell: Rats and mice have a strong rodent musk that can be hard to miss if you’re in an area near where they’re active.
- Footprints and tail trails: Rodents will leave footprints and tail trails in dusty areas of your home. They can be hard to find with your naked eye, but easy with a black light.
- Scratching noises: Unexplained noises in the walls or attic can often be explained as rodents. You’ll often hear them at night or early in the morning, when rodents are most active.
- Bite marks: Not to be confused with gnaw marks, rodents will sometimes bite through food packaging and plastic to try to get to the food.
Need a Rodent Control Estimate?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you right back!
What Should I Do If I Think I Have a Rodent Infestation?
If you spot any of the above common signs of rat or mouse infestation, it’s recommended that you call a professional rodent exterminator ASAP. They will come to your house and do a full assessment, letting you know the extent of the rodent problem and what your options are.
If you spot a live rat or mouse in your home, don’t delay in calling Lookout Pest Control. The sight of one rodent typically indicates there are more where that come from, and often many more. Rodent reproductive cycles are extremely short too, which means that two rodents can quickly become many more.
Georgia and Tennessee’s Trusted Rat and Mouse Control Team
Rats and mice can cause problems in your home even if you never come in direct contact with them. That’s because they can carry diseases and contaminate food.
At Lookout Pest Control, we have been providing rodent control services in the Georgia and Tennessee area for over [year] years. We’re a locally-owned and operated business, and we’re committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service. We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure that our rodent treatments are effective and safe.
Don’t let rodents make your home their home. Contact Lookout Pest Control today and get rid of them for good!Back to Rodent Control
How to spot a mouse or rat infestation in Georgia and Tennessee
Serving the Chattanooga Metro Area