Dealing with a rodent infestation in your home can be extremely stressful. Understanding the preparation process can help alleviate some of the anxiety and ensure a smoother process.
So, let’s talk about how to prepare for rodent control in your home. In this article, we will guide you through the essential aspects of preparing for rodent control so you’re ready when it’s time for your appointment.
What Should You Do to Prepare for Professional Rodent Control?
If you’ve hired a rodent exterminator, it’s important to make sure you get the maximum benefit possible from the treatment. Here are a few things you can do around the house to ensure that’s the case:
- Make a note of anywhere and everywhere you’ve noticed rodent activity: This includes gnaw marks, bite marks, droppings, nesting materials, and live rodents. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for the exterminator to form an accurate picture of the infestation.
- Schedule so you’re available when the exterminator arrives: They will need to ask questions about your living space in order to create a rodent extermination plan that’s fully customized to your needs.
- Move furniture away from the walls: If you don’t move furniture beforehand, they may need to move it once they arrive, which will slow down the process.
Need a Rodent Control Estimate?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you right back!
How Can You Ensure Success After Your Appointment?
After your rodent control technician administers treatment, you’ll be on your way toward eliminating the problem. But to ensure long-term results, be sure to follow these simple tips:
- Follow the technician’s instructions: The exterminator will give you specific instructions on how to keep rodents out of your home after they have treated it. Be sure to follow these instructions carefully to prevent a future infestation.
- Avoid leaving out food and water: Rodents need food and water to survive, so it is important to remove any sources of food and water from your home. This includes things like pet food, birdseed, and fruit bowls. You should also make sure that all of your garbage cans are tightly sealed.
- Seal up any holes or cracks in your structure: At Lookout Pest Control, we’ll help you seal up cracks that can let rodents into your home, but not every pest control company does. If yours didn’t, make sure to seal them or you could find yourself dealing with the same situation down the road.
Our Rodent Control Experts are Standing By!
As a locally owned and operated pest control company, we have the experience and expertise to help you get rid of rodents quickly and effectively. We offer a variety of services, including trapping, baiting, and exclusion, and we tailor our approach to meet your specific needs.
If you’re dealing with a rodent problem, give us a call. We’ll be happy to answer all of your questions and tell you everything that’s needed to prepare for your rodent control appointment.Back to Rodent Control
How to prepare for rodent control in Georgia and Tennessee
Serving the Chattanooga Metro Area