Does your home have a crawl space? Did you know it can be a hotbed for pest activity? It’s true: many pest infestations begin in the crawl space because they’re an easy access point to your home, and once inside, they find the damp and dark conditions to their liking. They turn your crawlspace into their breeding ground, and from there, the infestation can easily spread to other parts of the home.
Don’t let pests turn your crawl space into a jumping-off point for the rest of your home. Learn how to prevent pests in your crawl space with our expert tips.
How Do You Prevent Pests in Your Crawl Space?
- Seal cracks in your structure: If pests can’t get inside, there won’t be any problems. It’s as simple as that. But cracks in your walls and foundation can form unexpectedly, so make sure to check for new ones regularly.
- Install a dehumidifier: Moisture is a resource pests go out of their way to find. If you can eliminate it, they’ll have to go somewhere else.
- Conduct frequent crawl space inspections: If you notice anything like mold, excess moisture, mildew, or signs of pest activity, we recommend taking care of the problem sooner rather than later because it can – and will – get worse.
- Crawl space encapsulation: With crawl space encapsulation service, we remove the moisture and seal off the space. This prevents future moisture issues from happening and makes the space far less attractive to pests.
Need a Crawl Space Encapsulation Estimate?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you right back!
What Can Crawl Space Encapsulation Do for Your Home?
Crawl space encapsulation is helpful for more than just pest control. Crawl space encapsulation is beneficial to your home in a number of ways:
- Better air quality: Much of the air in your home passes through your crawl space first. If your crawl space is damp, it can foster the growth of mold and mildew, which can contaminate the air you breathe.
- Improved energy efficiency: It’s much easier for heat or cold to escape from an open crawl space. Proper crawl space encapsulation adds an extra layer of insulation.
- More storage space: When you encapsulate your crawl space, it becomes usable space. Many homeowners choose to use it as additional storage.
- Increased property value: With all the benefits that crawl space encapsulation adds to a hume, it’s an increasingly attractive feature for potential home buyers.
What’s the Best Way to Prevent Crawl Space Pests?
Pests can cause a number of problems in your crawl space, including foundation damage, bad air quality, and lead to frequent infestations. There are a number of things you can do about it, but the easiest way to get peace of mind that your crawl space is protected is with a professional crawl space encapsulation service from Lookout Pest Control.
Lookout Pest Control is a locally owned company with years of experience in crawl space encapsulation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!Back to Crawl Space Encapsulation
How to Prevent Pests in Your Crawl Space in Georgia and Tennessee
Serving the Chattanooga Metro Area